The Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of the Year awards program recognized high-growth entrepreneurs who demonstrated excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities. The 26 finalist companies were selected from 52 nominations by a panel of independent judges. Award winners were announced last night at a special gala event held at Utah’s Grand America Hotel.
Cariloha was recognized as one of the elite 26 finalists at the awards event and is looking forward to being a potential finalist and winner again next year.
Cariloha Founder and CEO, Jeff Pedersen, along with several Cariloha managers in attendance at the event, were honored to be recognized among so many outstanding entrepreneurial companies and leaders who, like Cariloha, are expanding their businesses at an impressive rate of speed and providing their employees and customers with boundless opportunities.
Key Statistics from the Entrepreneur of the Year Finalists
• Collectively, among the these entrepreneurs created nearly 3,000 jobs in the past three years providing 18,691 jobs at the end of 2012.
• The 26 finalist companies generated nearly $3.5 billion of revenue in 2012.
• Seventeen of the 35 finalist individuals, including Cariloha’s Founder Jeff Pedersen, are serial entrepreneurs. These finalists have started and grown at least one other company prior to leading their current company. Of those 17, two (one of whom being Jeff Pedersen) won the Entrepreneur Of The Year Award with a previous company.
• Collectively, these finalists grew their company’s employment by nearly 20% and their revenues by 28% between 2010 and 2012.
• Now in its 27th year, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Program has expanded globally to recognize company builders in over 140 cities and in more than 50 countries throughout the world.
Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur Of The Year® Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur Of The Year is the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. The unique award recognizes the significant contributions of entrepreneurs who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement.